© Merritt Mountain Bike Association 

  • w-facebook

Annual General Meeting Summary

July 27, 2016

 

Here’s a quick summary of our recent AGM meeting from June 29, 2016. We’ve got a brand new president and a big team of directors to help steer the club for the next year. The new president for the club is now Ben Currie, Treasurer is Tony Ross, Secretary role will be Erika Doyon and Heather Pratt Johnson plus an additional six directors. The new directors include: our past president Sean O’flaherty , Rob MacLaren, Travis Fehr, Ryan DeVisser, Jon Puterbough and Darch Oborne.

 

At the meeting we debriefed members on the results and success of the return for the Cow Trail Classic. In very short summary the race went very well and will return next year with some fine tuning to make things easier and better for everyone involved.

 

We reviewed club initiatives and priorities starting with completing the signage and mapping at the Coutlee riding area and begin signing and mapping our other areas to the same standard. In addition the importance of new trails and renaming and decommissioning some older trails was discussed. Completing the new downhill trail at Coutlee is a priority for this summer. Trail days will be scheduled throughout August and the fall to help complete the trail.

 

At the meeting we had some very good dialogue with a representative from the local downhill biking community. The new club President Ben Currie emphasized the importance of having the DH biking community represented within the club. Their participation would include access to funding, club tools, insurance and many other benefits.

 

We also discussed dirt bikers on trails and the need for better communication with local riders either through signage, personal communication/presence on the trails and meeting with the local club.

Group rides were discussed and it was determined that they will remain on Wednesday evenings.

Some future events include trail maintenance days and a shuttle day hosted by MMBA to be held on a hot summer day in August with a BBQ to follow.

 

Action Items from the meeting:
The new executive will establish their terms of reference and goals for upcoming year. (This is expected to happen before the end of summer) 
Meet with Nicola Valley Dirt Riders to talk about dirt bike use on bike trails. Need to formulate plan – next meeting? (Ryan)
Establish date for Iron shuttle day and book shuttle. Coordinate with Luke. (Ben)
Club Operating Budget and Income Statement (Tony and Ben)
Trail Maintenance Plan (directors)
Elect 2017 Cow Trail Race Committee (September)
Trail Maintenance Days (Ben and Rob)
Schedule next meeting (Ben)

 

With summer in full swing our club numbers thin out pretty quickly everyone away on vacation. With that said we’ll still continue the Wednesday weekly rides and we’ll plan to schedule some bigger weekend social rides in the fall.

 

See you on the trails!

Please reload

Featured Posts

Group Rides

April 30, 2018

1/1
Please reload

Archive
Please reload